Scan Windows registry
When SmartRegistryCleaner starts, the Overview screen is the default screen.
1. Click on the Start Scan button, on the Overview screen, to start scanning your Windows registry.
Image of SmartRegistryCleaner Start Scan Button on Overview screen
2. Alternatively, access the Registry Scan screen by clicking on the Scan tab on the navigation panel and then clicking on Start Scan
Image of SmartRegistryCleaner Start Scan Button on Registry Scan screen
3. The Registry Scan screen allows you to select which items within the Windows registry to scan. To configure settings, you should tick the checkboxes. At this stage, it is important to perform a complete scan.
SmartRegistryCleaner will start scanning and for a short while (depending on how big your registry is), you will see a scan progress screen.
1. The progress screen will show you how many errors SmartRegistryCleaner has found in each area of the Windows registry. Errors are marked with red symbol while areas that are clear of errors are marked with a green symbol.
2. By clicking the Cancel Scan button (at the bottom right of the screen), you will be able to halt the scan. SmartRegistryCleaner will also ask you to reconfirm your decision to stop the scan.
Image of SmartRegistryCleaner Cancel Scan Button
1. Once you have run your scan, the Latest Scan Results window appears to reveal the errors and problems found by SmartRegistryCleaner. Immediately, SmartRegistryCleaner prompts you with the total number of errors found.
Image of SmartRegistryCleaner Scan Results
2. Click the Registry Error Category in the window to reveal the list of errors and problems found in your registry.
When the scan is complete, please see how to repair Windows registry errors using SmartRegistryCleaner.